Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys Elite > battery don't take a charge on maxisys e...
battery don't take a charge on maxisys elite?

3069 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: 2019-11-02 17:14:55

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    Roger Gradis
    2019-10-07 22:44:28
        battery slowly when death when was charging on dock station....I replace it with OEM battery...still have the same problem..thanks

I try a different outlet..yes ...the power cord is inserted fully into the switching power adapter... YES

NO .. plastic wrap is not over the bottom contacts of the tablet or anything between it and the contacts of docking station.

The charging cord ferule is fully inserted into the docking station receptacle...YES

try plugging the charging cord ferule into the charging receptacle at the top of the tablet to rule out an issue with the docking station.. YES

I take the rear cover off the back of your Elite and make sure the mating halves of the battery connector are fully seated together and no pins or terminals are pushed out of either side....NO.. THEY ARE ALL GOOD 

the only led light on the left side of docking station glow is red ...no  yellow or green  when charger is plugged into wall and MaxiSys Elite is sitting in the docking station

BATTERY HAS BEEN ON CHARGE FROM LAST 3 DAYS...SAME PROBLEM...IS NOT CHARGING...

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2019-10-08 00:56:51 (Reply to:Roger Gradis)

Whether or not the battery is any good or not , If the charger is actually working ,when  you plug in the charger to the top, the tablet should come out of sleep mode and display the wallpaper and read charging and the percent of charge it sees the battery is at , or if it was shut down at least screen come on and  possibly display Maxi Sys Elite  and a battery symbol confirming the charger just got plugged in.

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    Roger Gradis
    2019-10-08 20:39:13 (Reply to:witsend)
     If the scanner is turned off and you plug the charger in it will show a battery icon showing it is charging on the screen . We let it charge for three days but will not charge even though it shows it is charging. With scanner turned on and the charger plugged in it (otherwise battery level is 0% and it dies) the maxis screen comes on then it shows battery charging. After a few minutes it shows charged 100% but if you unplug the charger it drops immediately to 0% battery and it shuts itself off. 

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2019-10-09 04:53:32 (Reply to:Roger Gradis)

If it is under warranty , call support in your country and get an RGA and ship it in for assessment and repairs. If it is out of warranty get an estimate for a DIY  new battery, if not ,  or see if the tablet 1year Total Care update purchase  will qualify it for replacing the battery without need to send the unit back to China .

•   Level 2   
    (12) points

2019-11-02 01:05:30 (Reply to:witsend)

This happened to mine after 3 years of constant docking. The way I fixed mine was by taking QD electronics cleaner spray, spraying the contacts on the dock, and the contacts on the Elite. Works fine since, give it a try.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2019-11-02 17:14:55 (Reply to:)

That's a good tip to keep your contacts clean , but I wouldn't want to get electrical contact cleaner on the plastic of the tablet or the docking station. Think I would unplug the charger and shut down tablet and use a little fine scotch brite and a Q tip to wipe the contacts.
     I installed a Android app "DEVICE INFO HW" It's originally from a developer Andrey Ethermov from St Petersburg Russia. I do make sure to shut and close  Maxi Sys App in background before opening any aftermarket App that my MaxiSys Elite didn't originally come with installed and make sure these are exited and closed out in the background before clicking on the MaxiSys App again)

Device info HW  displays my battery profile as 6750mAh . I'm not sure why the outside of battery says 15400mah. See this video I made , but skip to the 12 minute mark to see Device Info HW app part .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqpNPqIXbsQ&t=771s
  Total1 Pages